Five Questions...w/Arlen Escarpeta

One of the stars of this weekend's record breaking #1 flick, 'Friday the 13th," answers five questions for the Ill Professors. If you haven't seen the movie, check it out.

Ill Professors: Favorite Film and why?
Arlen: My favorite film is "Double Indemnity." It's a classic film noir!!! One of the best plots and stories I've ever seen, even though the movie is in black and white.

Ill Professors: Type of character you'd like to play next?

Arlen: I think as an actor, I'd just be happy to be working period. However, if I had my choice I think it would be a lawyer. They're so multi-dimensional and misunderstood, you don't know if they are good guys or bad.

Ill Professors: Who are the top played artists on your iPod?

Arlen: Kanye West, Jay Z, Little Wayne, N.E.R.D., Gym Class Heroes and Lupe Fiasco.

Ill Professors: Does talent still matter?

Arlen: It has to!! Otherwise I really shouldn't be doing this. The reality is that it doesn't matter enough sometime, the business entity of the industry seems to have a lot more relevance than the art.

Ill Professors: Random fact about you that people wouldn't know?

Arlen: I absolutely love spiders!! I have two tarantula's as pets.

Next up for Arlen is "Dough Boys", produced by Preston Whitmore ("This Christmas").


Arlen Escarpeta & Benita Nall @ premiere

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question number 2: I think that it is very admirable for her to want to take on a difficult role such as a lawyer. For her to realize all that it entails makes me want to see what she can do with the role. Personally, I would like to see her turn out as the “bad guy” lawyer, just for a twist. Question number 3: I like all of the people she listed. On another note, I think that the last few are over looked as artists, especially N.E.R.D. but that’s a whole different subject. What I mean to say is I like her taste in music in terms of current things. Question number 4: I like the fact that she is honest and I agree with her. Talent is sometimes overshadowed by names and hype. Certain films use actors that are one dimensional. These actors make money and produce hits because they are known for doing one thing and stick to doing that one thing (this is mostly comedy I’m speaking of). But that does not necessarily make them good actors. Taking some of these people and trying to produce a serious movie would not work at all. I know in acting you have to stick to what you know and not go beyond your means and comfort zone but obviously talent is shown more by some than others. I also appreciate the fact that she cares about her job and the actual art of acting instead of just the money. There are not as many pure people as there used to be, it’s good to know that someone still cares about their job. Question number 5: ok, that’s just creepy. I do not like spiders but hey, it’s her life and her house. If she wants spiders, she can have them.
Nickntm

Anonymous said...

Question number 2: I think that it is very admirable for him to want to take on a difficult role such as a lawyer. For him to realize all that it entails makes me want to see what he can do with the role. Personally, I would like to see him turn out as the “bad guy” lawyer, just for a twist. Question number 3: I like all of the people he listed. On another note, I think that the last few are over looked as artists, especially N.E.R.D. but that’s a whole different subject. What I mean to say is I like his taste in music in terms of current things. Question number 4: I like the fact that he is honest and I agree with him. Talent is sometimes overshadowed by names and hype. Certain films use actors that are one dimensional. These actors make money and produce hits because they are known for doing one thing and stick to doing that one thing (this is mostly comedy I’m speaking of). But that does not necessarily make them good actors. Taking some of these people and trying to produce a serious movie would not work at all. I know in acting you have to stick to what you know and not go beyond your means and comfort zone but obviously talent is shown more by some than others. I also appreciate the fact that he cares about his job and the actual art of acting instead of just the money. There are not as many pure people as there used to be, it’s good to know that someone still cares about their job. Question number 5: ok, that’s just creepy. I do not like spiders but hey, it’s his life and his house. If he wants spiders, he can have them.
Nickntm